Search This Blog

Monday, August 13, 2012


Breaking Bad

Season 5 Episode 5

"Dead Freight"

If you see some people around work today and ask them if they watched any TV last night, you may note that they may bow their heads, or look away, or shrug, or they may find some vague expletive to mumble.  They might also simply say, "Yep, did."  And then quietly walk away.  Some may even get teared up and stiffen their lips.  If you find this is true, then you're surely talking to people who watched last night's episode #5 of Breaking Bad's 5th season, named "Dead Freight".   All the others were watching the failed and sad Olympic closing ceremony with lame old rock stars and bad audio.  

There will be no spoilers here, which means basically I can't say much about this episode.  Besides which I was left speechless anyway.

I have watched this show season in and out, and know every nook and cranny of it, but not once did an episode make me completely break down and cry at the end.  I seriously asked myself if I could continue watching the show next week.  I'm sorry, I'll give that much away.  

Proceed with caution - not for the faint of heart.

I will say this on the other side of the coin, this was the episode I believe all fans were waiting to see this season.  I thought maybe the show was going to break down and become just so much suspenseful soap opera, and psychological drama.  Not true.  This week was action packed, and plenty of the old cinematic magic was back with tricky shots, and gutsy twists.  Nice job…but the ending…God help us.  Grandparents: adult children viewer discretion is a must.

Agitatus

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Disturbingly brilliant!