Search This Blog

Friday, April 08, 2016

John Michael Talbot - 1989 - Music CD


John Michael Talbot

Master Collection

1989

You know, amid all the crud and degradation of mankind that I find myself reviewing at times, such as the depression of the Bob Dylan film, or the lost Knight in Terrence Malick's latest work, in the sincere hope that people will actually read that and get something from those reviews, I must interject some absolute beauty and hope in other forms.  Enter John Michael Talbot, once again lifting my spirit above what I am currently doing and "busy" with to calm me, bless me, and gently but persuasively lead me into the chambers and halls of endless light and love in the presence of God Almighty.

This CD collection was listened to 7 full times through by my brother Ernie before I brought it home  and put it in my iTunes digitally.  How do I know how many times?  Because fastidious Ernie put a small "tick" mark by his address and the price of the audio LPs and CDs that he purchased.  And I do mean EACH time he listened completely through something.  So that means that Ernie listened to at least 238 John Michael Talbot songs in his life.

I've included the small pic here for your amusement at the expense of my blessedly eldest OCD brother.  Pray for him.


No comments: