Search This Blog

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Update on "How to Train your Dragon".

I DID get a chance to get an answer from Cressida Cowell (writer of the book series) about the possible origin of the conflict between the Vikings and the Dragons, and this is her direct answer:

"I didn’t have one specific conflict in mind – although there are plenty to choose from. Unfortunately the cycle of war and conflict seems to reverberate and repeat itself throughout history.  I was interested in exploring this in the books".

Thank you Cressida.  I hope to catch up with William Davies, Dean DeBlois, or Chris Sanders, if possible.
My kids have already purchased dragon toys, one of Toothless that flaps and gapes, a very realistic looking replica, and another one that is green and horned.   Hooray!  More Asian plastic in our house.











No comments: