Search This Blog

Thursday, March 04, 2021

Me, Myself, and the Dying Indecision

2021, today actually

NR- 62 Yrs 89 dys 5 hrs

I've been here many times before.  I'be been blogging about film and music and "k"ulture and America and faith and logic and mystery and love and...ok mostly film, true.

I'm tired.  This blog has been around 17 years out of the above 62+.

If you have enjoyed my comments, articles, film, book or music reviews, and you think they have actually added to your life, or added to the world's body of knowledge in such a way that actually makes a difference, then please write me a note and tell me.  I'd love to hear it.  ...... preturnatural1@gmail.com

I almost never hear from anyone except possibly people that I know, and only if I prod them, normally, and I'm not offended, really.  But there have been 10,437 page views to this day, and approximately 5 comments.  It's quite possible that my articles are SO good, so convincing in fact that it leaves people speechless.  I have my doubts.  I'm more concerned that I've left people possibly bored, intimidated and angry, or possibly thumped you all with diction that is too veiled to really do any earthly good.  Or heavenly for that matter.

I'm not BORED myself, oh no...I'm simply trying to decide if this blog should continue to be a point of reference in my life in which I continue to pour time and effort and real energy into without seeing any other benefit other than something equivalent to a journal.  I have one of those.  I've written in it and read it to myself sometimes to see how far I've come along in my attitudes or ideas, always a bit embarrassed at my own language or naiveté or brash misrepresentations to myself.  Well, at least those are only for myself.  THIS however is public knowledge, so I do regularly scour it for error, faux pas, or your general run-of-the-mill outright blasphemy.

I have considered signing off by making one of those dreaded, painfully subjective "lists" of my top 100 favorite films of all time, the likes of which I know all of you are just simply dying to read.

But seriously, I don't find that much at fault in most of this work I've done.  I just have other pursuits to manage that are bringing more rewards.  BUT, I am giving this up with some reluctance, I guess more because of how long I've been in the habit of doing it, rather than if it's really something effectual.

So....YOU CAN CAST YOUR VOTE FOR "PLEASE AGITATUS, PLEASE KEEP WRITING, BECAUSE I'VE BEEN READING THIS BLOG FOR YEARS, ALL ALONG, AND I'VE FAILED TO EVER SAY SOMETHING, I'M SORRY!!!   
I'LL POST A COMMENT NOW AND THEN TO LET YOU KNOW WHAT THIS HAS MEANT TO ME!!"

Write to this address: preturnatural1@gmail.com

...or conversely, just remain silent and I'll be the judge of whether I continue or not.    Thank you one and all, whoever the all is.

- Agitatus

No comments: